Follow Us on Twitter

Do-It-Yourself Monday ** Coconut Macadamia Pancakes**

Anyone out there ever been to Oahu, Hawaii?  Ever been to Brent's, home of the Coconut Macadamia Pancakes?  Well, even if you haven't, you can try them at home!  I am something of a pancake connoisseur :), and I am here to tell you that these are truly the best thing I've ever tasted in my life.  Seriously.  I have a friend who HATES pancakes, and she will eat these. 

You could pay A LOT of money to have the coconut syrup shipped from Hawaii.  Or, you could do-it- yourself at home!  There's an easy version and a difficult version...I'm going to give you the easy one :)

Ingredients:
shaved coconut
crushed macadamia nuts
white granulated sugar
coconut extract
half and half
karo syrup


Part A: The Pancakes

There are many different ways to make the pancakes - you can use Bisquick, Krusteaz, or make them from scratch.  All you need to know is that you should pour the batter as you usually would and then sprinkle some coconut and crushed macadamia nuts on the pancakes before flipping them so the ingredients bake inside. 







Part B: The Coconut Syrup

The syrup is what makes these pancakes the amazingness that they are!  The best part is that it is SIMPLE to make!

Step 1: Combine 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup light Karo Syrup in a pot
Step 2: Boil (low to med) until sugar is dissolved (will be clear)
Step 3: Remove from heat and add 1 cup of half and half and 1 tsp of coconut extract
Step 4: Serve warm over coconut mac pancakes {store in refrigerator after use}

So--there you have it!  Super easy and SUPER AMAZING, DELICIOUS, WONDERFUL, LIFE-CHANGING!  Hope you enjoy :)

Blessings,
Steph
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Yummy!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

Have a nice day!

Petula said...

I don't have any coconut or nuts right now, but I do have Bisquick and you have me thinking about what other ingredients I have to add to pancakes. Mmm... Now I'm hungry.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, my! These sound absolutely fabulous!!! :D

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...I saw that picture and started drooling. Pancakes are a second love of mine.

Oh, and I told you before about those cat treat dispensers I make...sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. I kind of had to put a hold on making the video (we're terribly busy here with the move, getting a new kitten, etc.) But if you're willing, I would still like to contribute to DIY Monday!

Cheap Geeks Anonymous

LeeAnn said...

My mouth is literally watering right now! I will be making those SOON! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Stat Counter