1 whole fryer chicken (size up to you!)
1 can of beer (regular size--any brand)
Tony Chachere's seasoning (Cajun original--can be found all over US in seasoning aisle)
1. Rub olive oil all over the chicken...use as little or as much as you like!
2. Sprinkle and rub Tony Chachere's seasoning all over the chicken...don't be shy!
3. Wrap chicken in aluminum foil
4. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 3-4 hours
5. Pour out about 1/4 to 1/2 of the can of beer (some people drink it instead of
pouring it out, but I'm not a fan...gave it to my Maw Maw once though :))
6. Unwrap the chicken
7. Stand the chicken on the can of beer (put can of beer in the big hole in the
chicken--aka the butt :) ) If you use a chicken butt stand, this step is easier!
7. Cook on the grill until juices run clear (about 2 hours) (or at 350 degrees in the
oven for about 2 hours)
You will LOVE this chicken, and it's SO simple! I could eat it every day :)
**I entered this recipe in On The Grill, a weekly party with a giveaway on Our Home School Home. **