Follow Us on Twitter

Connect for the Cure -- Cross-Country Ride for Diabetes

My brother-in-law and two of his friends are on Day 2 of a bike ride from California to New York in an effort to raise money and awareness for diabetes!  They have a blog set up so they can document this journey for their followers.  If you or someone you know is affected by diabetes, or if you're just curious and want to learn more, please visit their official website or blog.  They had quite a Day 2...two crashes and a totaled bike already!

Connect for the Cure Daily Blog
Connect for the Cure Official Site (with more info and city listings)

**Note** Their official site shows the cities they will be going through.  They are still seeking places to stay in some of these areas.  If you know of a church or hotel that would be willing to host them for a night, please contact me!

Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Brianna! said...

That is SO awesome.
I love BIKES.
My future sister-in-law is a runner, and she runs marathons like these quite a bit, which is really REALLY fascinating to me. I would LOVE to be able to do that, however I CAN NOT run to save my life haha.
BUT I had never thought about riding bikes!
I know its still intense and hard training but its something I would REALLY love to look more into.
Im going over to check out thier site now!
thanks for sharing
xoxo
B's

Karen said...

Too bad they are going one county south of me in Indiana and I don't know anyone in Plymouth well enough to help with overnight housing.

Best of luck them for safe biking and NO MORE CRASHES!!!

Karen
karen-musingsofamom.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Stat Counter