Follow Us on Twitter

Seriously...do you think I'm an idiot?


Just wanted to share this with you...

My husband and I were talking over dinner the other night about Craigslist and the emails you get sent from scammers when you are selling something.  He mentioned to me that they are just trying to get your email address so they send you these fake emails asking weird questions about the product, usually in very poor English.  I always thought they were trying to get the product for free by never paying and having you ship it or some other such scam where you lose your product and/or money.  I then remembered that I had once emailed someone back because I was so frustrated thinking of all the little old ladies they were taking advantage of.  I emailed back with a simple, "Seriously, do you think I'm an idiot?"  Now that I know they were just trying to get my email address, I guess the answer would be, "Yes, I do.  I truly do..." :) 
Category: 6 comments

6 comments:

A. Smith said...

Lol, great post!

Unknown said...

LOL - yeah I've said something to my hubby like that before. Do they think I am stupid?? I wrote them and told them that! He said "well now they do b/c you did exactly what they wanted you to". DUH! Oh well it's nothing the junk filter won't take care of ;)

Ruth said...

LOL!!

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

Ha, you are funny...and that is a good tip! I posted something the other day and after two identical messages from two different emails I thunk- err, this isn't right and went in and deleted it. So sad spammers and cons are always lurking about- glad to have great posts to remind up :), have a great 4th weekend! B

HBrummett said...

Hey there! No I didnt get the mag! I was so bummed! I posted it on my blog. And the site acted like it was loaded down. It would not open. Then I tried about an hour later and it said they were all out. :( DId you get one? I hope you have a wonderful July 4th weekend! Any plans?

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I can so relate! I tried to sell some things on Craigslist and got bombarded. Ugh!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Stat Counter