Follow Us on Twitter

How It's Possible that my Toyota Helped Save my Life

Before I tell you my story, I want to thank you all so much for the comments on my last Toyota post.  It seems that I'm not the only Toyota lover out there, and at least one of you appreciated hearing something positive about Toyota amidst all of the negative press out there right now.  If you've got a Toyota opinion or story, good or bad, I'd love to hear it in the comments section!  And...if you'd like to hear more about Toyota, be sure to check out the Auto-Biography section on their Facebook fan page.  There are HUNDREDS of ppl who love their Toyotas as much as I do! 

Now on to the story of how it's possible that my Toyota helped save my life....

Those of you who have been following for even a short while might have realized that I'm not always the brightest of souls :)  Things that others believe "everyone knows" often fall into the category of "things I had no clue about".  I've made it this far because God always takes care of me, no matter the kind of situation I manage to get myself in:)  In this particular case, He used something about my Toyota that I didn't even have a clue about to do it! 

I grew up in Southern Mississippi, so when I moved to Colorado during my last year of college, I had NO concept of safety when it came to driving in the snow. One weekend before I graduated, I had an interview in Illinois for a Residence Director position.  Because my school was pretty far away from all major airports (I was in Gunnison, CO), the college that booked my travel had me flying out of Colorado Springs.  I'd only been there once before at the time (though that's now where I live!), but I got directions and decided to drive myself there.  It was the beginning of May-- what was the worst that could happen?  Lots, actually.

                   I didn't take this pic, but this is what it might have looked like from above :)

It was a beautiful day in Gunnison, but I ran into a whiteout snow storm when I got to Monarch pass in my little Corolla.  The worst part was that I had NO idea that you're supposed to drop your car into a lower gear when you're driving in the snow, so I was having the hardest time stopping.  I was terrified!  I could barely see anything except for the cars around me, and the only thing I knew was that I shouldn't be driving in those conditions.  I did make it out alive (obviously), though a huge truck almost knocked me off the side of the mountain after he slid out of control while trying to PASS ME in a snow storm that had everyone at a standstill...what was he thinking?  My main point is that I realize now how blessed I was to be driving a front-wheel drive Toyota during the storm.  Even though I didn't know to put my car into a lower gear, the front-wheel drive was the only thing that allowed me to move in those conditions at all.  I hate to think what would have happened if I would encountered an unexpected storm in a rear-wheel drive car! 


So...just in case you needed one more reason why I love my Toyota...there it is :)  Many thanks to Brett, at This Mama Loves Her Bargains, for reminding me of the awesomeness of front-wheel drive!


I'm participating in a Toyota/TwitterMoms campaign, which inspired this post. My opinions, thoughts and feelings are my own. As a TwitterMom, I'm eligible for a courtesy gift of $50.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

long island toyota lease said...

Hi, it looks quiet interesting blog. I would definitely want to subscribe your website if any?

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Stat Counter